16 Feb We are looking for an assistant trainee, apply now!
StartUp School is a Haaga-Helia program open for all students who want to become entrepreneurs. We offer hands-on assistance, courses, and events. Currently there are some 30 new companies founded annually through StartUp School.
StartUp School is now looking for a Trainee to help it in its activities from 1 August to 31 December 2017.
Haaga-Helia StartUp School is a good example of a startup. We willingly accept challenges, are open to new opportunities and are eager to become better every day at what we are doing and not afraid of making mistakes. As a StartUp School Assistant, you will create content and promote it on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, will update and manage our website. You will represent StartUp School to the students and external partners and interact with them face-to-face and via social media, email and phone. You will be the main responsible person to organize events. Some days will be challenging and hectic, tasks will come rapidly and you need to be able to manage several tasks at the same time, but your efforts will be rewarded, you will learn a lot about assistant’s job and work life. So, if you feel this is what you are looking for and that you are the best candidate to this position, be sure to apply!
We appreciate if you already know something about StartUp School, have taken part in our events or courses. Fluency in English language is required, in Finnish – appreciated. To apply, you have to be a Haaga-Helia student with your compulsory internship still to complete.
- having an assistant attitude and preferably experience too;
- events organizing experience;
- experience in using different social media platforms.
As a StartUp School Trainee you will:
- manage and improve StartUp School’s communication (social media, website, newsletter, communication with internal and external partners);
- organize events for StartUp School (planning the events, taking care of practicalities, marketing of the events);
- manage and/or participate in projects;
- create marketing material (posters, ads, documents);
- promote services of StartUp School to students of Haaga-Helia, answer students’ questions regarding services of StartUp School;
- participate in StartUp School development;
- do different types of research;
- carry out secretarial duties (meeting minutes, correspondence, databases, schedule/manage calendar, etc.);
- deal with daily routines and ad-hoc tasks;
- look for the next awesome Trainee;
- have lots of fun.
The internship is a full-time position during normal business hours and it is paid. To apply, please send your CV and a free-form essay describing your work experience as an assistant and/or event organizer to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 March 2017. The interviews will be organized on weeks 11-13. The interviews will consist of two rounds.
To learn more about the position read the article about one of our previous assistants.
The orientation will be held in April-May 2017 (to be agreed with the candidate). For further information, please contact Mariia at email@example.com or +358 40 488 7014.