15 Sep We are hiring an intern, apply now!
StartUp School is a Haaga-Helia program open for all students who want to become entrepreneurs. We offer hands-on assistance, courses, and events. Currently there are some 30 new companies founded annually through StartUp School.
StartUp School is now looking for a Trainee to help it in its activities from 1 January to 30 June 2017.
Haaga-Helia StartUp School is a good example of a startup. We willingly accept challenges, are open to new opportunities and are eager to become better every day at what we are doing and not afraid of making mistakes. As a StartUp School Assistant, you will create content and promote it on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, will update and manage our website. You will represent StartUp School to the students and external partners and interact with them face-to-face and via social media, email and phone. You will be the main responsible person to organize events. Some days will be challenging and hectic, tasks will come rapidly and you need to be able to manage several tasks at the same time, but your efforts will be rewarded, you will learn a lot about assistant’s job and work life. So, if you feel this is what you are looking for and that you are the best candidate to this position, be sure to apply!
We appreciate if you already know something about StartUp School, have taken part in our events or courses. Fluency in English language is required, in Finnish – appreciated. To apply, you have to be a Haaga-Helia student with your compulsory internship still to complete.
- having an assistant attitude and preferably experience too;
- events organizing experience;
- experience in using different social media platforms.
As a StartUp School Trainee you will:
- manage and improve StartUp School’s communication (social media, website, newsletter, communication with internal and external partners);
- organize events for StartUp School (planning the events, taking care of practicalities, marketing of the events);
- manage and/or participate in projects;
- create marketing materials (posters, ads, documents);
- promote services of StartUp School to students of Haaga-Helia, answer students’ questions regarding services of StartUp School;
- participate in the development of StartUp School;
- do different types of research;
- carry out secretarial duties (meeting minutes, correspondence, databases, schedule/manage calendar, etc.);
- daily routines and ad-hoc tasks;
- look for the next awesome Trainee;
- have lots of fun.
The internship is a full time position during normal business hours and it is paid. To apply, please send your CV and a free-form essay describing your work experience as an assistant and/or events organizer to email@example.com by 2 October 2016. The interviews will be organized on weeks 41-42. The interviews will consist of two rounds.
The orientation will be held in November/December 2016 (to be agreed with the candidate).
For further information, please contact Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358 40 488 7014.