31 Aug StartUp School is looking for a trainee now!
Management Assistant, Intern position at StartUp School
StartUp School is Haaga-Helia’s service that supports students who want to become entrepreneurs. We offer hands-on assistance, courses, and events. Currently there are some 30 new companies founded annually through StartUp School.
StartUp School is now looking for a Trainee to help it in its activities from 1 January to 30 June 2016.
As you can deduct from the name, StartUp School in itself is a good example of a startup. According to one definition, “a startuper is an individual passionate about working with small, driven groups of entrepreneurs, who loves the idea of wearing multiple hats and working long hours to complete a goal. They thrive in an innovative environment, eagerly accept challenges, and find joy in not knowing what’s around the corner.” So if you enjoy such atmosphere and would like to assist us in managing it, be sure to apply!
- We appreciate if you already know something about StartUp School, have taken part in our events or courses.
- Fluency in English and Finnish languages is appreciated.
- having an assistant attitude and preferably experience too
- Events organizing experience
- Experience on using different social media platforms
- a Haaga-Helia student with your compulsory internship still to complete. The internship is a full time position (~39 hours a week)
As a StartUp School Trainee you will:
- manage StartUp School’s communication (social media, website, newsletter, communication with internal and external partners);
- organize events for StartUp School (planning the events, taking care of practicalities, marketing of the events)
- promote services of StartUp School to students of Haaga-Helia, answer students’ questions regarding services of StartUp School
- participate in the development of StartUp School;
- do different types of research and participate in projects;
- carry out secretarial duties (meeting minutes, correspondence, databases, etc.);
- look for the next awesome Trainee;
- have lots of fun.
The internship is a full time position during normal business hours and it is paid. To apply, please send your CV and a free-form essay describing your work experience on assistant and/or events organizer tasks to email@example.com by 21st of September. The interviews will be organized on weeks 40-41. The interviews will consist of two rounds. Should we find a suitable candidate earlier on we will proceed with interviews right away.
The orientation will be held on the first weeks of December 2015 and it’s not paid.
For further information please contact Igor at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358 40 488 7014.